Here’s How I lost 30 Pounds
So far in 2018 I've stuck to my resolution of losing weight! Since getting pregnant last year I've managed to pack on some extra pounds. This year, I want to get back on track with health and fitness. Two years ago I started working out and eating healthy and lost over 30 pounds. Here's what I did and what I plan to do again this year!
Everyone always asks me how I lost 30 pounds. So, here is exactly what I eat every single week broken down by meal. Now, I want to mention that I'm not a doctor or a nutritionist--this is just what worked for me. I kept it off until getting pregnant too!
*Note that the dessert category should be consumed in moderation. Yes, it's low calorie BUT, it will hinder the speed of your progress.
*My lunches and dinners are pretty interchangeable. But, if I have brown rice or a potato for lunch, I stay away from having it again for dinner.
Another question I usually get is, 'how often do you eat?' That's a great question. Here's my daily schedule--I try to eat every two hours to keep myself from feeling hungry and keep my metabolism running. Obviously, you can tailor the schedule to fit your routine.
I usually get asked if I eat at restaurants at all. The answer is absolutely. Here are the restaurants I frequent and what I order off of the menu.
I've got a few healthy "cooking" hacks for people who really don't like cooking! It's not that I hate cooking by any means, it's that I live a busy life--as do most people. Cooking takes too much time. Here are some tricks I've figured out.
- Buy microwavable brown rice cups. They're at Coborn's, Cash Wise and Walmart for less than $2 for a two pack. I like these because they're easy to bring to work. You pop them in the microwave for one minute and they're done!
- Buy precooked chicken from your grocery store deli. I'll get a rotisserie chicken or two for about $5 at Sam's Club, cut it up and use that in my meals for the week.
- Buy precooked shrimp, it's a time saver. I cook my shrimp in lemon and lime juice and a little garlic salt for about 10 minutes and it's done!
- Stock up on straws and plastic cups. This way, you can take your protein shakes and smoothies with you on the go.
- Cook only using coconut oil or olive oil.
- Never eat any of the 100 calorie packs. They're loaded with fake sugar, sodium and other preservatives that will cause your body to hold on to the fat. Eat a healthy snack instead.
- Never drink soda of any kind and stay away from juice. Juice has almost as much sugar as soda.