How to Set a New Year’s Resolution You Can Keep
Happy New Year and welcome to 2018. A clean slate, a fresh start. Did you set a New Year's resolution? Or were you worried about quitting it half way through the month and didn't even bother. If you want to make a goal you can actually stick to and accomplish this year, here are a few tips.
- Keep it specific - Your goal or resolution should be clear as day. Know exactly what you want the end result to be.
- Make the goal measurable - Are you resolving to kick a bad habit like nail biting? Take daily pictures to see the progress you make in growing them out. The same can be done for gaining muscle or losing weight!
- Is it achievable? - This isn't saying don't shoot for the stars. What it is saying is can you reach your end result in the time you are providing for yourself.
- Relevant goals are key - Is this resolution or goal important to you. Is it something you have wanted for a long time. Make sure this is something that matters.
- Set a timer - Have an end date in mind for when you want this goal accomplished by. This will help motivate you to follow through. And don't be scared to miss the end date. Resolutions can be made at any time in your life, it doesn't always have to be in early January!
My New Year's Resolutions for 2018:
- Lose 10 pounds by March.
- Save up money for a fun vacation next year.
- Learn a new life skill or hobby every month (January is sewing!)