Believe It or No: A Recap of This Week’s Fun Facts (Sept. 4)
Every weekday about 3:25pm, Adam shares some facts and trivia in a fun little segment called Believe it or No (the Minnesotan version, you could say, of Ripley's Believe it or Not!).
Here are this past week's fun facts and trivia from Believe it or No:
- Two-thirds of the people in the world have never seen snow. (Source: NPR)
- Emetophobia is an extreme fear of throwing up. It's not that common, but about 90% of the people who have it are female. (Source: Female First)
- The reason there are usually mirrors next to elevators is to keep people distracted while they wait. (Source: NYTimes)
- One Direction and the Backstreet Boys have never had a number one hit. (Source: Billboard)
- For all his Olympic medals, Michael Phelps swims slower than a manatee. Yes, those big, plump "sea cows." Phelps' top swimming speed is six miles per hour. Manatees can top out at 20 miles per hour if they want to. (Source: Ocean Conservancy)
- Antarctica is technically considered a desert . . . which makes it the largest desert on the planet. (Source: Wikipedia)
- Saddam Hussein wrote a romance novel in 2000 called "Zabibah and the King". It was about a woman who leaves her cruel husband for the king in medieval Iraq. (Source: Wikipedia)
- Oregon is the only U.S. state with a flag that's different on both sides. One side says "State of Oregon, 1859" and has the state seal . . . the other side shows a beaver chewing a log. (Source: State Symbols USA)
- Buzz Lightyear's original name was Lunar Larry. (Source: IMDB)
- The main character in the "Wizard of Oz" was originally going to be a boy, but L. Frank Baum's niece Dorothy died as he was working on the book and he changed the character to a girl. (Source: Wikipedia)
Join Adam weekdays around 3:25pm for Believe it or No!
Enter your number to get our free mobile app