Believe It or No: A Recap of This Week’s Fun Facts (6.25.21)
Every weekday during Middays with Adam (10am-3pm), Adam shares some facts and trivia in a fun segment called Believe it or No (the Minnesotan version, you could say, of Ripley's Believe it or Not!).
Here are this past week's fun facts and trivia from Believe it or No:
- The "Guinness Book of World Records" has discontinued some of its categories, including raw egg consumption . . . heaviest pet . . . and most beers consumed in an hour. (Source: Guinness World Records)
- The "Guinness Book of World Records" is in the "Guinness Book of World Records" . . . as the best-selling copyrighted book of all time. (Source: Wall Street Journal)
- There's enough energy in one gallon of gas to charge your iPhone once a day for over 10 years. (Source: Jeff Lewis)
- You're 104 times more likely to choke to death than to die from being struck by lightning. (Source: Economist)
- The 1974 movie "The Great Gatsby" and the 2013 movie "The Great Gatsby" both won the Oscar for Best Costume Design. (Source: Republic World)
Get our free mobile app
- Why is the person screaming in the famous painting "The Scream" by Edvard Munch? It's based on a moment after the Krakatoa volcano exploded in Indonesia in 1883, and it made the sky red as far away as Norway, where Munch lived. (Source: The Age)
- There are 14 U.S. states that are split into two time zones: Alaska, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oregon, Tennessee, and Texas. (Source: Howder Family)
- All octopuses are orphans. Male octopuses die right after they mate, and female octopuses die right after their eggs hatch. (Source: How Stuff Works)
- "Pac-Man" made $3.5 billion in revenue as an arcade game, which is around $7.7 billion if you adjust for inflation. That makes it the highest-grossing arcade game of all time . . . just ahead of "Space Invaders" and "Street Fighter 2". (Source: US Gamer)
- Chipotle uses 97,000 pounds of avocados per day. (Source: The Daily Meal)
For more fun facts to get you through your workday, tune in to Middays with Adam weekdays from 10am-3pm on Mix 94.9!
10 Ways Technology Has Forever Changed Camping in MN