Believe It or No: A Recap of This Week’s Fun Facts (June 12)
Every weekday about 3:20pm, Adam shares some facts and trivia in a fun little segment called Believe it or No (the Minnesotan version, you could say, of Ripley's Believe it or Not!).
Here are this past week's fun facts and trivia from Believe it or No:
- McDonald's second-biggest market is France. Obviously America is number one. (Source: Slate)
- The star ratings on Netflix aren't based on other people's reviews . . . they're based on how much Netflix thinks you'll like a show or movie. (Source: Yahoo.com)
- Having a second toe that's longer than your big toe is called "Morton's Toe." The Statue of Liberty was built with Morton's Toe. (Source: Mortonstoe.com)
- Violins made by Antonio Stradivari are the most expensive in the world . . . but he also made a small number of guitars. And there's only one left in existence. (Source: Guitarworld.com)
- It's technically illegal to watch the Super Bowl on a TV larger than 55 inches . . . but the cops probably won't bust you if you do it. (Source: TheDSMGroup.com)
- After a curling match, the winners are supposed to take the losers out for a round of drinks, even at the Olympics. (Source: Forbes.com)
- James Cameron's main motivation for making "Titanic" was to get the studio to pay for him to dive down to the real Titanic's wreckage. If it hadn't been for that, he says he didn't, quote, "particularly want to make the movie." (Source: Wikipedia)
- Michael Phelps doesn't just hold a bunch of swimming world records . . . he has a GOLF one too. He holds the world record for the longest televised GOLF PUTT. He nailed a 159-foot putt for eagle on live TV during a celebrity tournament in 2012. (Source: Golf Digest)
- Thousand Island dressing is named after the Thousand Islands region in the St. Lawrence River between the United States and Canada. It was created by a fisherman's wife while he fished in the river. (Source: Wikipedia)
- Sour Patch Kids were created in Canada in the 1970s. They were called Mars Men and they were designed to look like aliens. (Source: CandyFavorites.com)
Join Adam weekdays around 3:20pm for Believe it or No!
Enter your number to get our free mobile app