When and Where to Catch ‘The Great Pumpkin’ On TV
52 years ago a beloved Halloween classic graced TV sets all across America. "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" is bringing the Halloween spirit to us again in 2018, and the first itme you can catch it this fall is tonight at 7 pm on ABC, and you can see it there again on Oct. 26th at 7 PM.
Fun Facts About the Special
- The program was nominated for a 1966 Emmy Award.
- It was initially broadcast on CBS, but ABC picked it up in 2001
- Charles Schulz wanted Charlie Brown to get a rock at one house. Producer Bill Melendez suggested it happen three times.
- The special features the debut of Lucy's signature football snag move
- Schulz said that after the program first aired, bags and boxes of candy came in from all over the world "just for Charlie Brown." so he didn't just get rocks for Halloween.
- Anne Altieri, who portrayed both Violet and Frieda, was so nervous to be part of the show that she threw up every time she was done with a recording session.