Merriam-Webster is Adding These New Words to the Dictionary
If you have talked to a teenager in the past year, chances are good you have heard them say these words. Here is a list of words (and their definitions) that are being added to the dictionary!
- Throw Shade: "To express contempt or disrespect for someone publicly, especially by subtle or indirect insults or criticisms."
- Weak Sauce: "Something inferior, ineffective, or unimpressive."
- Face Palm: "To cover one's face with the hand as an expression of embarrassment, dismay, or exasperation."
- Binge Watch: "To watch many or all episodes of a TV series in rapid succession."
- Photobomb: "To move into the frame of a photograph as it is being taken as a joke or prank."
This word was already in the book, it is just getting a new definition!
- Ghost: "To abruptly cut off all contact with someone by no longer accepting or responding to phone calls, instant messages, etc."
Do you use any of these words regularly? Let us know in the comments!