Believe It or No: A Recap of This Week’s Fun Facts with Adam (10.30.20)
Every weekday about 3:25pm, Adam shares some facts and trivia in a fun little segment called Believe it or No (the Minnesotan version, you could say, of Ripley's Believe it or Not!).
Here are this past week's fun facts and trivia from Believe it or No:
- You can send a coconut, a potato, a sombrero, a brick, an inflated beach ball, a Frisbee, or a pillow through the U.S. postal service WITHOUT a box . . . you just have to put enough postage on it and an address label. (Source: Buzzfeed)
- The African country Swaziland has a law that bans witches from flying their broomsticks higher than 500 feet in the air. (Source: Metro)
- A chimp's POOP THROWING ABILITY is actually a sign of intelligence. The more accurately the chimp throws his feces, the stronger his brain. (Source: Pys.org)
- In "The Jetsons", George is 40 years old, Jane is 33, and their daughter Judy is 16. That means George was either 23 or 24 and Jane was either 16 or 17 when they conceived Judy. (Source: Fandom)
- Tinder, OkCupid, Match.com, Hinge, Plenty of Fish, and several more online dating services are all owned by the same company – Match Group, Inc. (Source: Wikipedia)
- Employees at Ben & Jerry's get three free pints of ice cream EVERY DAY. They also get a free gym membership. (Source: Serious Eats)
- The founder of Jersey Mike's Subs isn't named Mike. He's a guy named Peter Cancro who worked at a shop called Mike's Subs in New Jersey when he was in high school, then decided to buy it and franchise it. (Source: Jersey Mikes)
- Motel 6 got its name because it originally charged $6-per-night when it opened in 1962. (Source: Motel 6)
- A librarian at the University of New Hampshire saved for his whole life and left $4 million to the school when he died. And . . . they used $1 million of it on a new football scoreboard, which wasn't exactly his vision. (Source: NPR)
- The first words Mickey Mouse ever said were "hot dogs," in the animated short movie "The Karnival Kid" in 1929. (Source: Wikipedia)
Join Adam weekdays around 3:25pm for Believe it or No!
See Inside the Golden Valley House Prince Built for His Mom