10 Things Minnesotans Shouldn’t Have To Do In May
Measurable snow on the first day of May? Typical Minnesota. Here are some things we really should not have to do this month.
1. Shovel - I refuse. I will let the driveway pile up before I get the shovel back out.
2. Scrape Car Windows - If my windshield wipers can't take care of it, then I guess I just won't see out my car windows!
3. Order Hot Coffee - May is my kick off for iced coffee and cold blends. I refuse to get a drink to "warm myself up".
4. Put a Sweater on the Dog to Take Them Out - I have a little dog and he gets cold easily. I prefer not to bundle him up when he has to go outside.
5. Wear Winter Boots to Get the Mail - Those are in storage already. If snow gets in the holes of my Crocs then so be it!
6. Make Sure the Kids Have Hats and Gloves - Once again, those are packed away and won't make an appearance until late September.
7. Bring the Patio Furniture Back Inside - *Eye roll and reluctant sign*
8. Go to the Gym for a Run- A light jacket should be all I need for a jaunt around the neighborhood, not my real winter jacket!
9. Swap the lawn mower for a snow blower - One just got winterized and one just got pulled out of storage. Guess which one is which!
10. Look Outside and See Snow! - That wasn't something I wanted to wake up to this morning.
Lucky for us it is supposed to warm up towards the weekend and start feeling like May! Thank goodness!