What Color Does the Word ‘Minnesota’ Look Like?
I know, that's a confusing headline but just let me explain quick. A new study out of the Netherlands found that when some people hear different vowels being said, our brains associate them with a color.
1. A sounds like red, pink, or orange.
2. E sounds like green and orange.
3. I sounds like green and yellow.
4. O sounds like blue and purple.
5. U sounds like blue or red.
If we look at "Minnesota" we have an i, e, o, and a. What color does that make us? I see it as a sunset over a lake. It starts with a greenish yellow, then blends to a greenish orange. When we arrive at the purple/blue "o" sound that would be the water of the lake, and the "a" at the end is the glowing red/pink/orange setting sun. Gorgeous.