Themed Christmas Celebrations Make the Season Bright [Photos]
My family tends to do Christmas differently than you'd expect. The usual "casual Christmas" or "ugly sweater" parties don't quite reach our standards. In the Minke family, we do all out themed Christmas parties that almost turn into a second Halloween. And most of the time it involves someone not wearing pants.
We all come dressed to a theme every year. Here are some we have done in the past:
- National Lampoons Christmas Vacation (Come as your favorite character)
- Hawaiian Christmas (Wear your coconut bra and grass skirt)
- Formal Christmas (Dress to the nines)
- Pajama and Flannel Christmas (Rock your PJ's and flannel, it was extra cozy that year)
- Christmas at the North Pole (Dress as one of Santa's elves or a character from the North Pole setting)
This year the theme is the HO HO HO-Down. Everyone is required to come in their best country attire. I already have my shiniest belt buckle ready to go.
If you are looking for a way to spice up your family's holiday gathering this year, I totally recommend a dress-up Christmas. It makes for awesome memories, and even better holiday photos to look back on.