My Kid’s Toy Almost Gave Me A Heart Attack
I took our three-year-old son to Target last week to get some clothes because he now seems to grow out of them weekly. As any parent of a toddler knows, you gotta at least stop to LOOK at the toys on any trip to any store, ever.
While I wasn't planning on buying any toys, we did just throw out a lot of moldy old bath toys, so I was interested in maybe getting some new incentives to get into the tub before bedtime.
He found some Play-Doh that is supposed to be played with in the tub (and supposedly works as soap too) and only cost a dollar. Later that night, I tossed it in the tub when I started the water, then put him in the bath a few minutes later. As I gathered up his clothes to throw in the laundry I heard him giggle and when I turned around I was horrified!
HOW DID THIS CHUNK OF RAW STEAK GET IN THE BATH? AND WHY IS MY SON PLAYING WITH IT?!
I quickly grabbed the slimy sirloin and took it way from my shocked toddler, who calmly explained to me that "iss juss playdoe daddy." I put down the paper bag that I had been breathing into and gave him back the disgusting abomination.
As an added bonus, this 'soap' left a huge mess in the tub and was hard to clean up. On one hand, it only cost one dollar. On the other hand it was a gooey mess that was only usable once and nearly sent me to an early grave.