How to Eat ‘Healthy’ at the Minnesota State Fair
The Minnesota State Fair is just weeks away! It is set to be a great year for new foods and beverages but the calories can really start to add up. Here are a few tips and tricks on how to enjoy yourself at the fair and not feel miserable afterwards!
- Snack Buddy - Sharing food is my All-Star Pro Tip. Taking a bite or two and handing it off for the rest of the group to share, not only saves you calories, but also allows you to taste a little bit of everything!
- Game Plan Map - Pick a few key foods you want to try, know exactly where they are at at the fair, and bring the map with you. That way you won't go in with no idea and end up over-doing it.
- Count Your Steps - Wear the Fitbit, put your phone in your pocket, know how many steps you are taking and how many calories you are burning. Just being conscious of that can help your fried food intake.
- Carry Cash - Not only will that help you set a budget, it will also help you be more mindful of not super sizing the cheese curds.
- Hydrate or Die-drate - Drinking water will help keep you fuller longer, and keep you away from the sugary drinks.
- Look for the Healthier Options - There are some great new healthier options this year at the fair. Ahi Tuna Poke Bowls are packed with fresh veggies and lean protein, Shrimp Stuffed Avocados, and Shirmp Ceviche would also be great options!
Everything in moderation, right? I'm off to prep my fanny pack! See you at the Great Minnesota Get Together!