Everything Sartell Seeks New Board Member
The Advisory Board makes recommendations to the Sartell City Council on how to spend lodging tax dollars to encourage people to eat, shop, and play in Sartell. Sartell City Engagement Director Nikki Sweeter says because the funds come from taxes on hotels there are certain things the money has to be used on:
"The funds have to be used for things like tourism, you know anything bringing people to your city, marketing your city to promote the businesses within and your city as a whole."
Sweeter says because Sartell only has one hotel the budget is smaller, and legally the city has to have the board. Board members can serve up to two, three-year terms and Sartell will have nine members on the board once the vacancy is filled. You have until 3:00 p.m. on Friday to apply.
READ MORE FROM AUTHOR PAUL HABSTRITT:
- See 3D Photo Exhibit in Little Falls
- New Italian Restaurant to Open in Little Falls
- Little Falls Students Make a Splash for a Good Cause
- Restoring Downtown Little Falls -- One Piece of the Puzzle
- Couple Helping Restore Downtown Little Falls One Building at a Time
- Paynesville to Link to Two Trails Starting in 2024
- Paynesville Native Touring for Latest Novel
Check Out Sartell's Country Lights Festival
This $1 Million Home in Sartell Has an Indoor Basketball Court