Comparing Clearwater, Florida to Clearwater, Minnesota
With Spring Break season here, let's compare a popular destination with a town in our own area of the same name!
- Florida - 107,685.
- Minnesota - 1,735
- Florida: Present day Clearwater, Florida was originally the home of the Tocobaga people. Around 1835, the United States Army began construction of Fort Harrison, named after William Henry Harrison, as an outpost during the Seminole Wars.
- Minnesota: Clearwater was platted in 1856, and named after the nearby Clearwater River. The post office has been in operation in Clearwater since 1856.
- Florida: Clearwater has a humid subtropical climate. Clearwater is far enough south that it lies in the broad transition zone from subtropical to tropical climates making it mostly warm to hot year round.
- Minnesota: Four true seasons.
- Florida: Home to some of the best beaches in the country, amazing seafood, and an all around warm getaway, Clearwater Florida makes a great Spring Break destination
- Minnesota: Three words: Clearwater Travel Plaza. I know people who will drive over and hour just to get donuts the size of their heads there. There's also an impressive light display at Christmas time, and a huge rodeo in the summer!