Big Beer Week is a week-long celebration of big and boozy beers. For those who can survive the week, there's a reward!
On Sunday, Lupulin Brewing Company in Big Lake kicked off its annual Big Beer Week. From Sunday March 7, 2021 to Sunday March 14, 2021 the brewery -- voted "Best Suburban Brewery" in 2018 by City Pages readers -- will have daily releases of "big" beers -- or beers with high ABV (Alcohol By Volume) content.
"Big Beer Week is finally here!" Lupulin Brewing posted on Facebook Sunday. "We’ve got a crowler release, an infusion, 8 draft releases and a food truck!"
Sunday's special crowler release was BA Snozzberry Lateralus -- a Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout with Blueberries, Blackberries, Graham Cracker, Honey, Cinnamon & Vanilla (14% ABV). Crowlers are 32oz cans that can be sold in the taproom. Sunday's infusion was Lateralus Snozzberry Pie with Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jam. Sunday's eight tap releases included:
- BA Snozzberry Lateralus | Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout with Blueberries, Blackberries, Graham Cracker, Cinnamon, Honey & Vanilla | 14% ABV
- Barrel God 2020 Vintage | Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout | 15.8% ABV
- Belgian Quad | Belgian Style Quad | 12% ABV
- Belgian Tripel | Belgian Style Tripel | 9% ABV
- Coconut Vanilla Demigod | Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout | 15.5% ABV
- Polarnattens paradis 2020 Vintage | Imperial Coffee Stout | 10% ABV
- BA Polarnattens paradis | Barrel-Aged Imperial Coffee Stout | 12.75% ABV
- Rubuscubus | Imperial Sweet Stout | 11% ABV
Some of this week's releases include Barrel God with Swiss Rolls, Rubus Cubus Raspberry Pie, Belgian Quad with Oatmeal Cream Pies and BA Imperial Chocolate Truffle w/ Count Chocula Cereal. Find the full list of special releases planned for the week here
Everyone who attends 4 of the 8 days receives a special Big Beer Week t-shirt; everyone who attends all 8 days receives "an even cooler, bragging rights enabled T-shirt!"
Due to COVID-19, this year's Big Beer Week is a ticketed event. Tickets can be purchased here
15 Cool Central Minnesota Microbreweries to Visit