Believe It or No: A Recap of This Week’s Fun Facts (5.14.21)
Every weekday during Middays with Adam (10am-3pm), Adam shares some facts and trivia in a fun segment called Believe it or No (the Minnesotan version, you could say, of Ripley's Believe it or Not!).
Here are this past week's fun facts and trivia from Believe it or No:
- A famous Canadian hunter named Francis Wharton shot a deer in the late 1960s, but didn't have any teeth . . . so he made dentures out of the deer's OWN TEETH and used those to eat it. (Source: CBC)
- Jim Carrey had the chance to play Captain Jack Sparrow in "Pirates of the Caribbean" but turned it down because it conflicted with his filming schedule for "Bruce Almighty". (Source: Vulture)
- The cartoon guy on a can of Pringles has a name . . . it's Julius Pringles. (Source: Complex)
- "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" was almost cut from "The Lion King". But Elton John argued with the producers, got them to leave it in, and it ended up winning the Oscar for Best Original Song. (Source: Ultimate Classic Rock)
- If you pay $3 for a coffee, that's a 2,900% price markup on what it would cost you to make it at home . . . 10 cents. (Source: Deal Hack)
- The person who invented the stethoscope was a guy named Rene Laennec . . . and he came up with it because he didn't feel comfortable putting his ear directly on women's chests. (Source: Wikipedia)
- About 75% of the tornados in the world happen in the U.S. (Source: USTornadoes.com)
- Play-Doh was originally created in the 1930s as wallpaper cleaner. (Source: Wikipedia)
- The average person takes about 216.3 million steps in their life, which is the equivalent of walking all the way around the Earth five times. (Source: Science Made Fun)
- If you took all the duct tape sold around the world every year, it would go around the equator more than 12 times. (Source: Duct Tape Everywhere)
For more fun facts to get you through your workday, tune in to Middays with Adam weekdays from 10am-3pm on Mix 94.9!
10 Childhood Life Hacks You (Probably) Still Use Today