A Few Tips If You Are Headed To MN’s Moondance Jam This Weeek
Sad that this will probably be the last Moondance Jam. It's been a must attend event for decades and the current owner is planning to hang it up after this year. There have been so many great memories from the past events.
A few tips if you are attending Moondance this year;
- Pace yourself! The first couple of nights can get pretty crazy. The last thing you want is to finish out the last couple of nights feeling a little under the weather or tequila.
- If you want cool weather, pack nothing but t-shirts, tank tops and shorts. Just the opposite if you want warm temps, just pack nothing but hoodies and long pants.
- Be sure to check out bands that you normally wouldn't go to see. A few years ago, I ventured out of my "familiar" zone to check out Nikki Sixx's band Sixx:A.M. and it turned out to be the best show of the weekend for me.
- There are always great bands on the various stages on the grounds that play between Main Stage acts. Check 'em out.
- Do sample the breakfast buffet at the Lazy Moon Bar & Grill.
- Do yourself a favor and sleep in on Sunday morning. You'll find a majority of campers are gone by 9 or 10 AM leaving less traffic to deal with getting out of there.
- Shower early, if using the public showers, before all the hot water is gone.
- While doing the morning show from Moondance at the crack of dawn, I always enjoyed watching people doing the "Walk of Shame" back to there campsite. usually starts right after sunrise.
Enjoy yourself and be safe and peaceful. One of the nicest things about Moondance is it is never as rowdy as most festivals. People tend to be very respectful and there are rarely any incidents.
15 Minnesota Town Names That Are Hard to Pronounce
Crow Wing State Park's 1800s Ghost Town
The 10 Coolest Street Names in St. Cloud