A Complete Guide to Rapids River Days 2019 [WATCH]
Rapids River Days is being celebrated once again in Sauk Rapids! This year is the 16th anniversary of the Ambassador pageant and the parade, and the 31st year of Rapids River Food Fest!
Here is what you can expect all three days of the community celebration:
Sauk Rapids Community Ambassador Pageant - 7 PM at Sauk Rapids - Rice High School
- The program will feature the current Sauk Rapids Community Ambassadors– Anna Walz, Morgan Weinand, and Jenna Bukowski – along with the Ambassador Candidates. The current Ambassadors will showcase the activities they have been involved in during their reign. The candidates will participate in an evening of glamour, entertainment and excitement before three young women are crowned the new Sauk Rapids Community Ambassadors for 2019-2020. Admission is $10/Adult, $5/Child ages 5-10, and free for ages 4 and under.
Rapids River Days Parade - 6 PM- Down 6th Ave North
- Over 90 units are in teh parade this year as well as 14 marching bands. Bring a big bag for candy, and set out a lawn chair early to save your spot!
Tanner's Team Foundation 1K/5K Walk/Run and 2-mile Walk - 7:15 AM - Bob Cross Park
- Since its inception, Tanner's Team Foundation has helped 269 families by granting them more than $290,000. Proceeds from this 1K/5K Walk/Run will stay local to help families and kids.
MN State Strongman and Strongwoman Championships - 10:15 AM – 3 PM - Sauk Rapids Municipal Park
- Men and women will compete in their divisions for official state championships during this spectacular showcase of strength and stamina.
Rapids River Food Fest - 11 AM - 8 PM - Municipal Park on Benton Drive
- Free admission and free parking. Over 25 vendors will be there offering your favorites like cheese curds and turkey legs, as well as some specialty foods like sausage gravy burgers and crab fritters.