Kelly’s Kitchen Club Recipe: Mexican Pizza [RECIPE]
Kids on break the rest of the week? Trying to keep those hungry mouths fed during the day can be difficult when they have a few days home from school. This simple and delicious recipe for Mexican Pizza is a great alternative to cookies or cake for at home days or for an after school snack. Check it out!
- 4 10-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 cup salsa (Mild or Hot, your choice! It's your pizza!
- 1/2 of a small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/3 cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 4 tablespoons guacamole (optional)
- 4 tablespoons light sour cream (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place tortillas on cookie sheet or flat surface and spread each with 1/4 cup salsa. Divide onion among tortillas and sprinkle each with 1/3 cup cheese.
2. Bake at 350 degrees F for 17 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortillas are crisp. Remove from oven and top each with 1 tablespoon guacamole, and/or sour cream. Serve immediately.
This is ready in less than 20 minutes. Easy, simple and delicious. If I can do this, so can you. Enjoy!