When Will Waite Park’s Marcus Parkwood Cinema Reopen?
If you're a movie lover like I am, you've probably asked why Marcus Parkwood Cinema in Waite Park is still closed. The obvious answer is, well...no new movies are out. That's a fair point, but there are other theaters in our area that are reopen.
Initially, theaters were forced to closed due to the governor's stay at home order surrounding COVID-19. The governor lifted those restrictions and allowed theaters to reopen in June, and...well, Marcus Parkwood didn't.
It left many people wondering why they chose to remain closed. Especially since several theaters around the area are open again. We haven't had many answers...but, there are a few clues that point to a possible reopening happening soon.
On June 11, Marcus Parkwood Cinema gave customers and movie lovers an update via their Facebook page, "Our intermission is coming to a close soon! While we do not have a specific date yet for our theatre reopening...learn more about what to expect when we do reopen."
Since that update nearly a month ago, we haven't heard anything. On the Marcus Theatres official website, all of their 11 Minnesota theaters are listed as, "opening date coming soon!" They also have the theaters in 17 other states around the country that are also temporarily closed.
We're guessing they are shut down because nothing is being produced right now in Hollywood. Once the theater does open again, your movie experience will be a little different. According to Marcus Theatres website, here's what you can expect once they reopen;
- If you buy your tickets in advance and then start feeling ill, you can get a ticket refund.
- You'll be asked to social distance.
- Face masks will be required except when eating and drinking.
- Plexiglass shields will be located at the box office and concession area
- You're asked to buy tickets and concessions via their mobile app or website to minimize contact.
- Food delivery to the auditoriums will be on hold
- They'll have restroom attendants to encourage social distancing and sanitize
- Touch-less faucets, soap dispensers and towel dispensers will be installed.
In the meantime, as we wait for a reopening date, you can get your concession stand fix on weekends with their curbside pickup. You can order curbside on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This weekend's deal is called 'license to chill'. They have got their ICEEs and party-size popcorn on special.
You can check out their Facebook page for more info.