Things That Should Be On Your Bucket List Before 30
I turned 28 years old in August. For some reason I feel like 30 is going to hit me faster than the speed of light. There are things I want to do, things I think I should do and a few things I need to do before I hit the big 3-0.
There are so many lists online of things you should have accomplished by the time you're 30 that it can be overwhelming. So, I put together a list of things I'd LIKE to accomplish by the time I'm 30. But, I also want to know what is or was on your list?
- Join a volunteer organization or a cause I believe in
- Lose 25 pounds of weight to be healthy/get in shape
- Learn a craft or skill like knitting or cookie decorating
- Read more books (one per month)
- Pay off my debts (car, furniture, hospital bill)
- Save more money ($10,000 extra)
- Plan a family vacation somewhere we've never been
- Invest my money into the stock market
- Learn to cook new foods and grow my recipe Rolodex (1 new recipe per week)
- Host a real dinner party
- Own a wardrobe of clothes that fit my age and make me feel confident
- Finish my basement bathroom
- Build a deck on my house
- Go on more dates with my husband (one per week)
- Get rid of old junk I've been saving that no longer has purpose
- Update my kitchen
These are the things I hope to accomplish by the time I'm 30. What's on your bucket list? If you don't have one, maybe you should start one. If you're not sure how, there are a few things to keep in mind.
1. Allow yourself time to accomplish your goals. Don't set unrealistic expectations in a short amount of time.
2. Be specific. If your goals are too 'out there' then it's hard to measure whether you were successful.
3. Check your progress daily. Look at your list often to remind yourself of your goals and make it part of your routine to accomplish what you want.
4. Hold yourself accountable. Tell other people about your goals and ask them to help you stick with it.
5. Write them down. Sometimes, it's hard to know what we want. Sit down and really think about what you hope to accomplish then write it on paper. You'll be more likely to follow through.