Talk To Your Kids Before Giving Them a Smart Phone
I read a great article on Huffington Post about kids and smart phones. It provided parents with tips before actually giving your child a phone. I agreed with all of them, and actually went through the rules and expectations with my 10-year-old before she got her iPhone.
1. Set some rules and expectations.
2. Talk to them about sexting.
3. Talk to them about cyber-bullying.
4. Make sure they realize it's a big responsibility.
5. Make sure they know it's really the parents phone.