There aren't many things my wife and I disagree on.

Even the things we do we can usually work out.

However, there's one topic that's nearly turned our grocery shopping excursions into all-out condiment aisle brawls -- peanut butter.

See, I prefer smooth peanut butter while she prefers crunchy.

I remember my mom once bought crunchy peanut butter when I was a kid. The texture on my PB&J sandwich was so traumatizing that she never purchased it again, and I've never touched it again.

Needless to say, the first time my wife picked up a jar of crunchy peanut butter in the Target aisle, I nearly ran her over (yes, intentionally) with the cart.

Curious to know if I was the odd ball out who hates crunchy peanut butter, I recently took to the Mix 94.9 Facebook page with a poll to see what kind of peanut butter Central Minnesotans preferred.

I'm pleased to present the results of said poll:

As you can see, 73% of those polled agree that smooth peanut butter is the better peanut butter. The remaining 27% who prefer crunchy are, of course, wrong.

What kind of peanut butter do you prefer?

Newsletter Sign Up Form


Enter your email to receive our latest news directly to your inbox!