St. Cloud Rail Company Gets State Grant for Facility Improvements
ST. CLOUD (WJON News) -- A St. Cloud rail yard is getting some state money to help make improvements to its equipment and facilities.
Northern Lines Railroad will use $381,000 to modernize and upgrade rails, and switches and rehabilitate one concrete-grade crossing.
A total of nine freight rail projects in the state are sharing in a grant of just under $7-million.
The money comes from the Minnesota Rail Service Improvement program which is used to improve freight rail service and support economic development across Minnesota.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- The Highway 23 North Gap Construction Project to Resume
- Highway 10/Highway 23 Construction Kick-Off Meeting
- No Closures Planned for Walleye Harvest on Mille Lacs Lake
- Highway 169 Construction Project in Elk River to Start Early
- Farmers' Almanac Predicting Cool, Wet Spring