St. Bens, St. Johns Make List of Best Liberal Arts Colleges in Country
The College of St. Benedict and St. John's University are among six Minnesota institutions to make a list of Best Liberal Arts Colleges in the US.
For their 35th year, the U.S. News & World Report ranked the best liberal art colleges in the country based on 15 different measures of academic quality such as average ACT/SAT scores of admitted students, student-faculty ratios and graduation rates. For valid comparison, schools were grouped into 1 of 10 categories including National Universities, National Liberal Arts Colleges, and Regional Colleges.
Six Minnesota schools -- including two in Central Minnesota -- made the list of Best Liberal Arts Colleges in the U.S. They are:
- Carleton College (7th)
- Macalester College (25th)
- St. Olaf College (62nd)
- College of St. Benedict (82nd)
- Gustavus Adolphus College (89th)
- St. John's University (92nd)
You can see the full list of rankings here.
Additionally, five Minnesota schools made the list of Best National Colleges in the U.S. They are:
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (70th)
- University of St. Thomas (139th-tied)
- Bethel University (197th)
- St. Catherine University (228th)
- College of St. Scholastica (254th)
See the full list of rankings here.