See Where In MN These 8 Popular Movies Were Filmed
I love Google. You can find out some seriously awesome things from Wikipedia (my high school teachers would be cringing right now if they knew I sourced out Wikipedia...sorry!) Have you ever wondered where some of your favorite movies were filmed? A few of my favorites were filmed right here in Minnesota. That is just so cool. You may have been on a Hollywood movie set and didn't even realize it...it's true. If you've ever been to the Stearns County Courthouse in St. Cloud, you've had a small brush with fame...we'll get to that in a minute...but, here are 7 major films that were shot here in Minnesota!
1. The Mighty Ducks: If you live in St. Cloud and have ever been to the Stearns County Courthouse building, you've been to a major Hollywood movie set. There are also a few scenes that were shot in St. Paul and even Nickelodeon Universe in Bloomington.
2. Purple Rain: It was actually filmed at First Avenue & 7th Street Entry in Minneapolis. Next time you're there for a show, realize you're actually on the former set of a major Hollywood movie.
3. Grumpy Old Men: This is perhaps one of my favorite movies of all time. It's so Minnesota...and it was filmed in Rockford, Minnesota on Lake Rebecca and some places in Wabasha.
4. Jingle All The Way: This is a great Christmas movie that's super relatable. It was also filmed at several locations in St. Paul and Minneapolis. Mall of America also makes an appearance in the film.
5. North Country: It was filmed in areas located in northeastern Minneapolis and some places in Duluth, Grand Rapids, Hibbing, Ely and Eveleth.
6. The Good Son: I've always been so creeped out by this movie and never realized it was actually filmed in Minnesota. Yep, in Silver Bay.
7. Fargo: No, we don't all talk like the people in the movie Fargo...but, parts of the film were shot in the Brainerd Lakes Area. Pretty, neat, huh?!
8. Catch Me If You Can (1989): This is ANOTHER movie filmed at locations in the St. Cloud area. There's a big race car scene that was filmed by Lake George as scenes shot at Cathedral High School as well as the football field at Apollo High School.
Are there any major movies we left out that you think should be added to our list? Comment below and let us know about it.