Powerball Jackpot Reaches Over $172 Million, Here’s Some Number Picking Strategies
The Powerball jackpot is up to a whopping $172 million. It's a far cry from the record jackpot, but I'd take it! If you opt for the cash, you'll go home with a little over $106 million! So, today, I think I might be running to the store on my lunch break to grab myself a few tickets. Here's my lottery number picking strategy;
If I know in advance that I’ll be buying a lottery ticket, I pay extra attention to numbers that I encounter throughout the day. I’ll take the first six numbers that I notice and make those my ticket numbers.
Here are a few other Powerball strategies;
- People have won the lottery by using the lucky numbers they get on the back of their fortune cookie at a Chinese restaurant. Today might be a good day for take-out.
- If you’re the type of person who uses birthdays and anniversaries to pick your lotto numbers, you should stick with the same numbers and dates. Don’t deviate from that.
- Most people let the computer pick their numbers for them. It’s a pretty effective strategy because the majority of lotto winners have won this way.
- ABC News has done analysis’s on what numbers are chosen most often. They found that 8, 54, 14, 39 and 13 seem to be particularly lucky.
- Don’t stick to just dates and birthdays. If you only use dates and birthdays you’re limiting your numbers to just 1-31.
- If you’re good at math and can understand this strategy (click the link)–then you’ll be better off than I am.
- Some people pick overdue numbers. If there’s a number that hasn’t come up in a while, odds are it’s due to come up soon.
Good luck! What are you Powerball strategies and superstitions?