New Food & Entertainment: Your Guide To The MN State Fair
The Minnesota State Fair officially kicks off on Thursday, August 26! Get out your stretchy pants and prepare for some of the best food and entertainment in Minnesota. The fair goes through Labor Day. If you plan on attending this year, here's what you need to know before you go!
Thirty new food items were announced this year. We're willing to bet that even if you tried, you wouldn't be able to try all of these this year!
- Banh Minn Bun And Banh Minn Bowl: It's a sausage made with a variety of Asian seasonings.
- Bison Bites: It's basically the northern take on ravioli with ground bison.
- Blue Raspberry Blitzed: think tradional pie infused with UV Blue Vodka.
- Buffalo Chicken Doughscuit: Fluffy biscuit stuffed with shredded chicken
- Caramelized Banana Pudding
- ChoriPop: Chorizo dipped in corndog batter, deep-fried.
- Cracklin Prime Nachos: deep-fried chicharron covered in prime rib slices with all the fixin's.
- Cucumber Jalapeno Limeade: Limeade with cucumber juice and jalapeno syrup.
- Dual Berry Shortcake: Strawberries and blueberries over a biscuit topped with whipped cream.
- Esquites: Mexican street corn with mayonnaise, cheese and chile powder.
- Fudge & Fruit: strawberries coved in chocolate with brownies on a stick
- Greek Stuffed Ravioli
- Island Hopper: it's half a pineapple filled with charbroiled chicken and white rice.
- Jumbo Donut Sundae: it's exactly what it sounds like...a huge frosted donut with soft serve ice cream, hot fudge and sprinkles.
- Kerala Fried Chicken Kati Roll: battered fried chicken wrapped in paratha with slaw.
- La Floretta: roasted cauliflower florets with sweet chili sauce.
- The Naughty Biscuit: huge sandwich with smoked pork belly on a buttermilk biscuit.
- Nordic Waffles, Chicken & Macaroni Nordic Waffle and I Scream Waffle Sandwich: One is a waffle with fried chicken and macaroni in it...the other is a dessert with ice cream inside of a waffle.
- Paneer Pakora: cheese cubes fried in a gluten free batter. It's served with tomato butter.
- Pizza Lucy: sausage patty inside of Green Mill pizza dough with pepperoni and mozzarella.
- Sashimi Tuna Tacos: a wonton shell filled with ahi tuna, avacado and sesame soy.
- Sidecar Sandwich: thick cut bacon with smoked Gouda and aged cheddar cheese, served on toasted sourdough bread.
- S'Mores Funnel Cake: Graham cracker funnel cake with marshmallow and milk chocolate chunks.
- Summer Lakes Beverages: It's an exclusive state fair mocktail.
- Waffle Burger: Quarter-pounder cheeseburger with bacon served on a waffle bun.
- Variety of Hummus Bowls
- Blueberry Mini Donuts, Cajun Cheese Curds
- Gluten-free Corndogs, funnel cakes and cheese curds
- Banana Split On-A-Stick and Ice Cream Creations
- Hand-Spun Cotton Candy with toppings
- Joyful World Mural: 12 large-scale artworks
- Riptide: roller coaster
- American Red Cross Blood Drive
- Celebrating 100 Years of the Cattle Barn: educational timeline
- Destination Healthy Skin
- Catch Co.'s Bassmobile
- Fraser Sensory Building
- North American Six-Horse Hitch Classic Cart Central Regional Finals
- Covid Community Vaccination Clinic at the fair
- Crop Art To Go Competition
- Thursday, August 26: Miranda Lambert with Lindsay Ell
- Friday, August 27: Maren Morris with special guests Noah Schnacky and Patrick Murphy
- Saturday, August 28: The Current's Music On-A-Stick
- Sunday, August 29: TLC and Shaggy with Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
- Monday, August 30: The Spinners with Little Anthony & The Imperials and The Grass Roots
- Tuesday, August 31: The Doobie Brothers, Tom Johnston, Michael McDonald, Pat Simmons, John McFee and Dirty Dozen Brass Band
- Wednesday, September 1: Tim McGraw and Midland
- Thursday, September 2: The Chainsmokers with GASHI
- Friday, September 3: Kevin Costner and Modern West
- Saturday, September 4: George Thorogood & The Destroyers with Night Ranger
- Sunday, September 5: MSF Amateur Talent Contest Finals
- Monday, September 6: Darci Lynne with Okee Dokee Brothers
There are a bunch of free acts and entertainment to catch at the fair this year. Check them out here.
These Companies Are Now Hiring In St. Cloud
Autocross Returns to St. Cloud, Circuit Coming in 2022