New Winter #ChillOutChallenge Could Win You Awesome MN Swag!
A new challenge created by Explore Minnesota is showing the world what makes winter Minnesota's hottest season!
"Some people like to talk about winter in Minnesota," says Minnesota's tourism department. "Others…like to live it." Now, Minnesotans everywhere are being challenged to show off how they live Minnesota winter to the fullest with the all-new #ChillOutChallenge.
The challenge runs now through end of day March 4. Each week two winners will be drawn to win a box of totally cool Minnesota-made products including:
- Faribault Woolen Mill Co. Revival Stripe Scarf
- Great Lakes Northern Outfitter hat
- Maddy & Maize popcorn
- Studio 2 Ceramics mug
- Worker B lip balm
- Woodchuck wooden journal
- Illume candle
- Annie B’s 10-piece caramels
Here's how you enter:
(1) Follow @ExploreMinnesota on Instagram or @ExploreMinn on Twitter
(2) Get outside and embrace the Minnesota winter
(3) Share an original photo or video of your outdoor adventure on Instagram or Twitter (Instagram Story posts not eligible)
(4) Use the hashtag #ChillOutChallenge
(5) Tag us on your post
Even local celebrities are taking part in the challenge! According to ExploreMN.com, TV and radio personality Carly Zucker is going dog sledding in Ely in February; award-winning chef Justin Sutherland is going ice fishing in the Brainerd Lakes Area; and Winter X-Games medalist Levi LaVallee is ice climbing up Sugerloaf Bluff in Winona.
Here are some submissions so far:
So there you go -- get out, embrace that Minnesota winter and show off why it's the hottest season in Minnesota (you just might win some pretty cool stuff, too)!
*Full contest rules available here