Mark Cuban Drops Some Solid Advice For Whoever (ME) Wins The Powerball Jackpot
I would listen to guy worth an estimated three-BILLION-dollars.
Cuban, the owner of the Dallas Mavericks and you've probably caught him on the TV series, "Shark Tank", where makes most of the other "sharks" look foolish (in my opinion).
Cuban gave six-pieces of advice for whoever wins the record setting one-point-five-BILLION-dollars Powerball Jackpot (that's estimated to go even hire before tomorrow night's drawing).
(1) Hire a tax attorney first.
(2) Don’t take the lump sum. You don’t want to blow it all in one spot.
(3) If you weren’t happy yesterday you won’t be happy tomorrow. It’s money. It’s not happiness.
(4) If you were happy yesterday, you are going to be a lot happier tomorrow. It’s money. Life gets easier when you don’t have to worry about the bills.
(5) Tell all your friends and relatives no. They will ask. Tell them no. If you are close to them, you already know who needs help and what they need. Feel free to help SOME, but talk to your accountant before you do anything and remember this, no one needs 1m dollars for anything. No one needs 100k for anything. Anyone who asks is not your friend.
(6) You don’t become a smart investor when you win the lottery. Don’t make investments. You can put it in the bank and live comfortably. Forever. You will sleep a lot better knowing you won’t lose money.
Coming from a self-made billionaire, who once ate ketchup and mustard sandwiches to survive, I would at least entertain the advice.
Especially about all the people who WILL reappear in your life to be best friends and "borrow" a million bucks.