Less Than A Month Away; How To Prepare For MN State Fair
Yesterday marked one month until the Minnesota State Fair. At this point, we're less than a month away. The Great Minnesota Get Together kicks off on August 22 and runs through Labor Day on September 2. Here's what you need to do in order to get yourself ready for all of the fun.
1. Assemble a fun group of people. You never want to go to the fair on a whim with someone who isn't adventurous with their taste buds, is too stingy with money or hates crowds. They could make the fair not so fun for you. Assemble your team of besties.
2. Eat extra healthy this month. If you make sure to get just the right serving of fruits and veggies all month long, you won't feel an ounce of guilt for all of the grease, calories, sugar and carbs you'll consume at the fair.
3. Save your money. There's nothing worse than going to the fair and feeling like you SHOULDN'T spend your money. I've been there and done that. It totally ruins the fun. Start putting a little money away now and then you won't feel bad splurging on fair treats.
4. Break in some new walking shoes now. You'll be walking a lot at the fair and you need some good foot support...otherwise, you'll be hurting. You never want to go to the fair in a pair of new shoes that haven't been broken in, otherwise you'll get blisters.
5. Download the MN State Fair App. It's got a fair map and will tell you where all of the food is located. You need this.
6. Plan your route. If you're going with a group of people, you should have a game plan. Otherwise, people might get upset if you run out of time to get to the thing they really wanted to do.
7. Put in your PTO request now. The best time to go to the fair is on a weekday because the crowds are way smaller...if you're taking days off of work, now is probably when you should be submitting your request.