It’s The First Official Day Of Fall, Fun Facts & Dates To Remember
I am a lover of all things fall! Today is extra special because it marks the first official day of fall for the Norther Hemisphere. According to The Old Farmer's Almanac, we turned from summer to fall at exactly 2:50 a.m. today. Fun fact, it's also the 266th day of 2019. Those negative Monday vibes can't get a fall lover down today.
The leaves are going to start changing a lot fast than normal and it's not due to the temperature. It's actually in part due to the amount of sunlight and photosynthesis. Days are getting shorter, so leaves will start changing faster--neat, huh?
There are so many wonderful things to celebrate and look forward to. Fall in love with these fall dates!
- First day of fall--Monday, Sept. 23
- Wild Hockey Regular Season Starts--Thursday, Oct. 3
- Molitor's Haunted Acres Opens--Friday, Oct. 4
- St. Cloud State Hockey Starts--Sunday, Oct. 6
- Halloween--Thursday, Oct. 31
- Daylight Savings Ends--Sunday, Nov. 3
- Thanksgiving--Thursday, Nov. 28
- Black Friday--Friday, Nov. 29
What other dates are you looking forward to this fall? Comment below and we'll add them to our list. You've gotta have those little things to look forward to that'll get you through the cold months of winter!