Here’s What My Easter In Quarantine Will Look Like
This year Easter is going to be pretty tough because of COVID-19. We won't be getting together with family and enjoying a big meal as one. Instead, this holiday is going to look a lot different than we're used to and I'll be trying a lot of firsts.
- I'm going to wake up early and make a ham...for the first time in my life. If I said I wasn't intimidated, I'd be lying. There's a lot of pressure to get the Easter ham right.
- On that note, I'm also going to be making a ham gravy for the first time ever. This might end up being the holiday we just order pizza...
- We'll definitely Facetime family, like all day long. We are missing our extended family members like crazy. Ellen Degeneres has a really fun app where you can play games online with your family. We'll be doing a lot of that.
- It's going to be a pretty chilly day but we're going to try to get outside and go for a walk. My neighbors have been decorating paper Easter eggs and displaying them in their windows as a scavenger hunt for when you go walking.
- COVID-19 has taken many things away from us, but it can't touch our egg hunts. We'll be doing our annual Easter egg hunt in the back yard.
- We'll end the night with a viewing of "Hop" on Netflix. It's a movie all about the Easter Bunny.
- Of course, lots of candy will be enjoyed.
- Also, Tiger King has a reunion episode hitting Netflix Sunday.
This holiday is definitely going to look a lot different than I'm used to, but I'm grateful to be able to Facetime family and spend the day with my husband and two-year-old son, Charlie. We've got this, Minnesota. We're all in this together. And, when it's over, big gatherings will definitely be long overdue.
Famous People Who Came to St. Cloud in the '70s