Healthy Super Bowl Snacks For Your Minnesota Viewing Party
I'm in a weight loss challenge and the Super Bowl is this weekend. I'm not a huge fan of football, but I'm a huge fan of the snacks! I was in a similar challenge three years ago that also landed during the Super Bowl. I learned a few tricks on how to snack and still stay healthy. Dieting doesn't mean depriving yourself. Try some of these recipes. You might just find something you love!
- Low calorie popcorn instead of regular popcorn (my favorite is Angie's 45 calorie real butter popcorn)
- Baked zuccini chips instead of regular chips
- Sweet potato fries instead of deep fried french fries
- Protein balls instead of cookies
- Healthy banana protein muffins instead of cake or brownies
- Taco salad bowls instead of nachos or tacos
- Baked chicken wings with low calories seasoning or sauce
- Slower cooker pulled chicken on top of Ezekiel bread garnished with pickles
- Buffalo cauliflower bites instead of buffalo wings
- Turkey meat balls instead of beef
- Veggie tray/fruit tray
- Apple cookies instead of chocolate chip cookies
- No bake peanut butter granola cups instead of Special K bars
- Minnesota sushi (ham roll ups) with low calorie laughing cow cheese instead of cream cheese
- 350 calorie pizza
- Frozen yogurt blueberry bites instead of chocolate cover nuts
My Super Bowl spread this year is going to include slow cooker pulled chicken on top of Ezekiel bread, sweet potato fries, lightly seasoned baked chicken wings, low calorie popcorn, healthy Minnesota sushi and turkey meatballs.
You can make it through the big game without breaking your diet, and you can even enjoy it! Let's be healthy together!