Great Places To Cool Off In Central Minnesota
There's no question that summer is upon us! The weather is getting hotter, pools are starting to open for the season and sprinklers are working overtime! Beat the heat and check out some of these awesome ways to stay cool this summer!
The Foley Municipal Pool is set to open Wednesday, June 7. It's open to all ages seven days a week! The cost is $4 for adults, $3 for kids (ages 15 and under). Children 6 months and under are free. If your family plans on swimming a lot this summer, you can purchase swim tickets at Foley City Hall at a reduced rate.
St. Cloud is home to seven community wading pools that are open six days a week and closed on Mondays. They don't officially start top open until mid to late June
- Centennial Park--1725 Centennial Drive, St. Cloud, MN
- Hester Park--1020 6th Street N, St. Cloud, MN
- Pantown Park--2915 9th Street N, St. Cloud, MN
- Rotary Park--1507 Goettens Way, St. Cloud, MN
- Seberger Park--2001 2nd Street N, St. Cloud, MN ($2.25 fee)
- Southside Park--805 13th Stree S, St. Cloud, MN
- Spalt Park--413 NE 3rd Ave, St. Cloud, MN
St. Cloud has three splash pad locations that are currently open for the summer! They're open daily from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. When school is in session, the Westwood Park splash pad doesn't open until 3:30 p.m. on weekdays.
- Lake George/Eastman Park--1101 7th Street S, St. Cloud, MN
- Riverside Park--1721 Killian Blvd, St. Cloud, MN
- Westwood Park--720 Driftwood Dr, St. Cloud, MN
Stearns County is home to two swimming quarries. Quarry #2 is 116 feet deep and Quarry #11 is 40 feet deep. There are no lifeguards on duty and you're cautioned to swim at your own risk. Children must be supervised by an adult.
The new St. Cloud YMCA has a new aquatics center that includes; a lazy river, two heated pools, a waterside and whirlpool. You can purchase a day pass, or choose to become a member.
Waite Park is home to one splash pad located by the Babe Ruth Ball Fields in River's Edge Park. The splash pad is open now through Labor Day. The hours of operation are from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sauk Rapids' Bob Cross Park wading pool is now open for the summer! You can take the kids swimming during the summer season Monday through Friday from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Sauk Rapids is home to one splash pad in Autumn Ridge Park at 2270 Parkview Lane NE. It's open for the season Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.