Farm Direct MN Now On Google Maps, Buy Directly From MN Farms
Farm Direct Minnesota was a Facebook group that was launched during the Coronavirus pandemic in Minnesota. It was at a time where local farmers were hurting across the state. The page has been pairing local farmers with people wanting to buy products directly from the farm.
Farm Direct MN quickly grew in popularity and attracted over 40,000 new members since May 5, 2020. Now, the group is on Google Maps! You can zoom in on your location and check out which farmers are close to you.
It's a great option for someone who wants to buy their products from the farm but they're not sure where to start. I'll admit, before this page existed I wasn't sure how in the world you'd even go about doing something like that.
So, if you've ever wanted to raise your own chickens, buy a portion of a cow, get fresh honey, etc. this page is absolutely for you.
Farmers and locally made product producers can advertise on this page for FREE. They're not charging farmers to be a part of this which is awesome!
If you're wondering what products are available close to St. Cloud, take a look at the list below and find them on Google Maps.
- T Berries: Located in Avon, they offer up self picked strawberries and other fruits and veggies throughout the summer.
- Miller Angus: They're in Zimmerman and raise black Angus cattle. They've got a limited number of steers for sale each year by the quarter, half or whole.
- Middleton Meadows: You can find them in Clear Lake. They offer chickens eggs, maple syrup, turkey and other products.
- Gruber Farms Industrial Hemp: Located in Albany, they grow their own hemp, extracting the CBD to make a variety of products.
- Tinacakes: You can find them in Cold Spring offering up cottage produced rum cakes.
- NOMES Sweets and Treats: Located in St. Cloud, they sell a variety of cupcakes and other sweets.