Everything You Need To Know About Tonight’s $1.6 Billion Mega Millions Drawing
You've probably heard by now that tonight's Mega Millions jackpot is the largest sum in United States history--a whopping $1.6 billion with a cash option of $904 million. Call me crazy, but I think I'd be just fine with the cash option! If you're planning on buying a ticket, here's what you need to know!
- You need to buy your ticket before 9 p.m. tonight. That's the cutoff.
- Tickets cost $2 cash each
- There are a total of nine ways to win a prize in Mega Millions, ranging from the jackpot down to $2.
- The drawing will be held at 10 p.m. local time on cable channel WGN or online at the Mega Millions official website.
- If you win the jackpot you can choose a one time lump sum or annuity option which pays you over time.
- Your odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 302,575,350.00. And, the odds of winning a prize are 1 in 24.00.
- Your ticket must be claimed within one year of your winning date.