Dumb Questions People From St. Cloud Get Asked
I've lived in Central Minnesota my whole life. Growing up in Long Prairie, St. Cloud is the big town we would visit to go shopping or attend or celebrate special events. I remember asking these questions, and after living here for a few years, I now have the answers.
1. How is Lake George considered a lake? It's so small. - It used to be bigger. 7 city blocks bigger. But that doesn't stop 10,000 people from hanging out at it every summer Wednesday.
2. Why do the stoplights take so long? - A watched pot never boils? No one has a good answer for that, we just live with it.
3. Why do you have a million splash pads but no city pool? - A. No lifeguards are needed for splash pads, B. they are more sanitary. At some splash parks, the water goes through more cleaning steps than the water at a public pool. And C. they are free.
4. Why are St. Cloud drivers so bad? - Drivers are bad everywhere. Just do your part to not be one yourself.
5. So what do you do in St. Cloud? - What do you do where you are from? I mean we have a vibrant downtown scene with theaters, restaurants, locally owned shops, a huge mall, numerous city parks, walking and biking trails, but I don't want to bore you with the details.
A new #ExploreCentralMN is out now!