Be Prepared to See Semi-Naked People Around Lake George on Saturday
The Nearly Naked Ruck March is coming to the St. Cloud area on Saturday Oct. 13th. This event is a fundraiser to raise money to help veterans live happier and healthier lives. Participants can expect a day full of live music, long underwear, super hero costumes, and food/drinks throughout the course.
What is a ruck march? Rucking refers to carrying a weighted pack on your back. It implies action, energy, and purpose. Participants carry weight on their back during this event to represent the weight many service members carry in the battle against combat stress.
Here is a rundown of day's schedule:
- 8:30 am registration and pre-ruck festivities
- 10 am step off
- Choose 2, 5 or 10 miles, whatever is significant for you
- Every so often you'll be greeted by a warming station with restrooms, hot chocolate, music, and more!
- Be sure to bring your own rucksacks, any style will do - or you can purchase a legit one from their partners at GORUCK by clicking this link (8% supports 23rd Veteran)
- If you aren't familiar with rucking, they recommend carrying a max of 20 lbs - for those more experienced, cap it at 50 lbs
- If you load your rucksack with canned goods and clothing, you can drop off at the finish line for local veterans in need. Click here to see the DAV's recommended donation list.
- After party with live music, beer garden, food trucks and more!
Money raised through this ruck march will send veterans in St. Cloud through an innovative positive reconditioning program - 23V Recon. Raising $2,500 sends one veteran through our life-changing reconditioning program. The goal is to raise at least $20,000. Interested in contributing and donating to a specific rucker? Find a list and donate here!
Cost to ruck:
- Adult (17+) - $39
- Military/Veteran - $29
- Kids (16 and under) - Free
Get all the information and register here! See you around Lake George on Saturday Oct. 13th!