Update: Authorities Release Name of Man Who Died in County Jail
ANOKA (WJON News) -- Authorities have released the name of the man who died over the weekend in the Anoka County Jail.
The Sherburne County Sheriff's Office says it was 36-year-old Richard Daily of Big Lake.
They say the case is still under investigation. The cause and manner of his death are still pending the results of toxicology tests.
The Anoka County Sheriff's Office says on Saturday just after 11:30 a.m. a detention deputy was conducting inmate rounds and checks when they noticed an unresponsive man in his cell.
Additional detention staff, medical staff, and others responded to provide life-saving measures to the inmate. However, he was declared dead at the scene.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- Gas Prices Fall Below $3 in Minnesota
- 25th Anniversary of Downtown St. Cloud Gas Explosion
- St. Cloud Community Ed Class Cooks Up Fun in the Kitchen
- Salvation Army Asking for Help After Fire Shuts Down Shelter
- St. Cloud, Waite Park Approve 10 Year Fire Response Agreement