9 Things You Need To Know Before ‘Rapids River Food Fest’
The Sauk Rapids Food Fest is probably my favorite event of the summer because it's a celebration totally focused on FOOD...my one true love! They've got over 25 food vendors all in one location serving up; smoked turkey legs, burgers, brats, BBQ brisket, crab fritters, BBQ chicken wings, gyros, loaded potatoes, hot roast beef, taco-in-a-bag, wantons, shish-kabobs, fries, nachos, cheese curds AND SO MUCH MORE! SERIOUSLY! Don't even get me started on all of the delicious dessert options...Here are the 9 things you need to know if you're planning on attending this year's event.
1. The weather isn't looking very promising...so bring a poncho and an umbrella.
2. The event starts at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 22 and goes until 8 p.m.
3. It's at Municipal Park in Sauk Rapids along Benton Drive. Admission is free and so is parking!
4. Blue tokens must be purchased for all food, beverages and games...they cost $1 each.
5. There's a variety of events and activities that run all day including; water wars, inflatable bouncers, pony rides, face painting, airbrush tattoos, bungee run and Wes the Balloon Guy will be on-hand.
6. Yellow tokens must be purchased for beer...they're $3 each at the Beer Garden.
7. There'll be live music on stage (Kevin Lange & the Mississippi Drifters, Mallrats, Honey Badgers)
8. Crafts and local products will be on-sale all day in the Open Pavilion.
9. There's a strong man/strong woman competition that starts at 11 a.m.