6 Foods We Should NEVER Make on the Grill in Minnesota (But We Still Do Anyway)
Guy Fieri could grill me my own leg and I would happily eat it.
Summer in Minnesota is for grilling, and with the 4th of July coming up we will be doing a lot of it! The Grilling Experts at Bloomberg put together a list of things that we should NOT be grilling. I found this list to be hilarious. Check it out for yourself!
1. Burgers - Apparently the fat drips out of the burger and it loses it's flavor. I have never been one to complain about a grilled burger lacking flavor.
2. Filet Mignon - The exact opposite problem from burgers, there isn't enough fat on this cut of meat. Plus it is kinda thick so it doesn't cook right. A little rich for my blood.
3. Pizza - The grill experts say that it doesn't cook evenly and the crust sticks to the grill, but have you ever grilled a Jack's Pizza?! It is life changing!
4. Fish (including Salmon) - Apparently the smoke from the grill hides the fish flavor. I wholeheartedly disagree. Go get yourself a slab of salmon (it is on sale at Coborn's this week), wrap it in tinfoil with lemon pepper and half a stick of butter, and put it on the grill. Your life will be better for it.
5. Pork Chops - Again they say that you'll lose all the fat. Again I disagree.
6. Shish Kebabs - Is there a way to make them that doesn't involve a grill? The veggies cook faster than the meat so the experts say do a meat skewer and a separate veggie skewer, which is actually a pretty good idea.
So that pretty much just leaves hot dogs and brats.... Something tells me I'm going to be breaking these grilling rules this summer!