5 Things You Should Know Before The Sauk Rapids Parade
It's a celebration in Sauk Rapids this week! The Rapids River Days tradition continues Friday with the grand parade. If you're planning on joining in on all of the fun, here's what you should know about the parade before you go.
1. The weather isn't expected to be pretty. There's a chance of showers on Friday afternoon and Thunderstorms on Friday night. Make sure to pack a poncho and your umbrella--just in case!
2. The parade starts promptly at 6 p.m.
3. The parade route goes from 6th Avenue starting near Pleasantview Elementary and ends by the Sauk Rapids-Rice Middle School. Click here for the map.
4. This parade will feature more than 80 units and 14 marching bands.
5. Floats are all in competition to win the titles of 'Best Business Unit', 'Best Non-Profit Unit', 'Best Marching Band' & 'Overall Judges Choice'.