5 Easy & Quick Appetizers For A Minnesota Thanksgiving
In my family, we're all in charge of bringing different dishes and appetizers to Thanksgiving. Usually the main dishes are covered and I'm left to bring the apps and 'zerts. Here are super easy appetizers that my family have raved about through the years.
1. Minnesota Sushi--This is the easiest and most delicious appetizer you can make. Prove me wrong. All you need is a package of cream cheese, pickles and ham. That's it.
2. Cocktail weenies wrapped in bacon--You really can't screw these up...they have bacon on them. You'll need bacon, cocktail weenies and brown sugar. Just roll the cocktail weenies in bacon, sprinkle brown sugar over the top and bake them until they're fully cooked. That's all there is to it...and these are bomb.
3. Special K Bars--everyone loves these...It's basically like making classy rice crispy bars...and they're gluten free. You'll need corn syrup, sugar, Special K cereal, peanut butter and butterscotch chips and chocolate chips. No baking necessary. Throw corn syrup, sugar and peanut butter into a pot on the stove until melted, remove from heat and stir in the cereal. Press the mixture into a pan. Next, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips together and frost over the top of the pan.
4. Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip--You just need 4 ingredients; cream cheese, shredded chicken, cheddar cheese and buffalo sauce. Throw it all in a cock pot, mix it together and you're job is done, my friend.
5. Cheese ball--My grandma is known for her cheese ball recipe. I stole it and use it as my go to recipe when I attend Thanksgiving on my husband's side of the family. You'll need cream cheese, green onions, a packet of ranch seasoning mix, bacon crumbles and cheddar cheese. Mix it all up and form a ball. That's all she wrote.
If this is too much work for you, consider bringing a bag of chips...or a nice bottle of wine. Or, like my sister always says...'my presence is presents enough." And, that's why she sits at the kids table.