15 Minute Dinners – Teriyaki Chicken Power Bowls
The theme of 2019 so far has been "busy". Work, family obligations, house work, errands, trying to get to the gym, sometimes there just isn't enough time in the day.
Amidst all the craziness of life, make and planning dinner can be an extra headache. You want something substantial, healthy, and most of all, tasty. But you also don't have time for a gourmet meal on a busy week night. I get you. And I'm here to help.
This recipe is a weeknight life and time saver. It takes 15 minutes, is healthy, and stores well in the fridge for leftovers the next day. Here is what you will need:
- Frozen Green Giant Riced Cauliflower (Lemon and Garlic flavored is my favorite)
- Frozen Stir Fry Vegetables
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder seasonings
1. Trim fat off chicken breasts and slice into bite size pieces. Season generously with seasonings.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Put chicken in skillet and cook thoroughly until the internal temperature is 165 and the meat is golden.
3. Simultaneously, in a separate pan, add frozen cauliflower, stir fry veggies, a generous shake of garlic powder, and 2 tbsp of olive oil and cook until tender. (7-10 minutes)
4. When the chicken is up to temp, add 3-4 tbsp of teriyaki sauce and gently toss to coat the meat.
5. Dish veggies and chicken into a bowl and enjoy warm. Place cooled leftovers in a microwave safe bowl and feel great that lunch is prepped for tomorrow!