11 Dates That Say MN Spring Is Closer Than You Think
Right around this time of the year I start getting a nasty case of the winter blues. I mean, how can you not miss those amazing Minnesota summer days on the lake or late night bonfires in your shorts roasting marshmallows? It all just seems so far away until you put it into perspective. I like to chunk my season down into little milestones that help me get through the cold season with a positive attitude. I mean, if you think about it, spring and summer are both right around the corner. If you don't believe me, just look at some of these dates that are fast approaching!
- Ground Hogs Day: Sunday, February 2nd (26 days away)
- Valentine's Day: Friday, February 14th (38 days away)
- Baseball spring training: Friday, February 21st (45 days away)
- ISD 742's mid winter break starts: Monday, March 2nd (55 days away)
- Daylight Savings time begins: Sunday, March 8th (61 days away)
- SCSU spring break starts: Monday, March 9th (62 days away)
- St. Patrick's Day: Tuesday, March 17th (70 days away)
- First Day of Spring: Friday, March 20th (73 days away)
- Twins opening day/baseball opener: Thursday, March 26th (79 days away)
- Twins Home Opener: Thursday, April 2nd (86 days away)
- Easter: Sunday, April 12th (96 days away)
My biggest takeaway is that spring is only double digits away--and that is wonderful!