10 Popular St. Cloud Summer Events & Attractions
St. Cloud is a pretty awesome place to be in the summertime. We're known for a few things that make this area the "happening" place when the weather is warmer. If you're new to the area, here are some things to do for your summer bucket list.
1. Summertime By George--This will be the 9th summer that St. Cloud has hosted the very popular summer music series Wednesday nights at Lake George. Each Wednesday thousands of people from around St. Cloud and the surrounding communities gather to enjoy food, craft vendors and local music.
2. St. Cloud Rox Baseball--St. Cloud is super lucky to have a summer collegiate team from the Northwoods League here in our own backyard at Joe Faber Field. Some players have gone on to play professional baseball. You can even catch Friday night fireworks at the ballpark when the team plays at home.
3. Val's Rapid Serve--They're open in the winter, but there's nothing better than grabbing Val's and having a picnic in one of St. Cloud's many city parks.
4. Granite City Days Parade--Many central Minnesota natives wait all year for the Granite City Days Parade. It's well attended, it takes forever and there's lots of candy! Make sure you pack sunscreen and extra bottled water because the sun is unforgiving and the heat will make your sweat, sweat.
5. Beaver Island Trail--it's a beautiful trail that's perfect for your long summer walks. Summer is when the trail really shines. You can walk from a total of 4.3 miles on the trail when all is said and done. It starts at St. Cloud State University and runs along the Mississippi River.
6. 5th Avenue Live Concert Series--It's a concert series held once a month in downtown St. Cloud starting in June. There's a$5 cover charge that raise money for improvements to St. Cloud's downtown area.
7. 4th of July Fireworks--The St. Cloud fireworks display is the highly anticipated event of the summer. The city does a nice job with the display and hosts a wide range of activities at Wilson Park leading up to the event.
8. Liberty Block Party--This annual event coincides with St. Cloud's Granite City Days celebration. Usually, the event will feature a well known band that at one point had national celebrity status. This year's celebration will be held on June 28 at Whitney Park and will feature Grand Funk Railroad.
9. Lemonade Arts Fair--St. Cloud State hosts this annual event featuring local art vendors, live music and food trucks. Of course, lemonade is also involved. This year's event is set for Thursday, June 27 from 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. at St. Cloud State University.
10. Munsigner/Clemens Gardens--This beautiful flower garden has a super romantic love story behind it. You'll have to check it out sometime to learn about it. The flower park also hosts a variety of music events throughout the summer in Munsinger Garden.
[gravityform id=3 name=NewsletterSign Up Form]