10 Places You Won’t Survive a Zombie Apocalypse in Minnesota
According to a new survey, 14% of Americans have a strategy to survive in case of a sudden zombie apocalypse. That is roughly 1 in 7 people. That number seems awfully high, are that many people actually convinced this could happen?
Last summer, Pete Hanson found a list of the best places to survive a zombie attack in Minnesota, but I want to talk about the worst places.
The bottom of the survival totem pole includes:
- Pipestone (Pipestone): Survival rating = 77.3 (Population 4,034)
- Freeborn (Albert Lea): Survival rating = 75.9 (Population 17,703)
- Nobles (Worthington): Survival rating = 75.4 (Population 13,247)
- Lac qui Parle (Madison): Survival rating = 71.0 (Population 1,417)
- Renville (Redwood Falls): Survival rating = 69.7 (Population 4,990)
- Kittson (Hallock): Survival rating = 67.9 (Population 908)
- Lincoln (Ivanhoe): Survival rating = 66.8 (Population 552)
- Red Lake (Red Lake Falls): Survival rating = 64.0 (Population 1,731)
- Murray (Slayton): Survival rating = 62.6 (Population 2,021)
- Aitkin (Aitkin): Survival rating = 59.1 (Population 2016)
Most of these towns are in pretty remote rural areas with a low population size. Which could work to their advantage and disadvantage. In small towns everyone knows each other, and if they are willing to work as a team they could easily fend off zombies as a group force, increasing their chance of survival. Also living in remote areas teaches you to ration resources and work with what you have. Which can also be a disadvantage. Once supplies run out, you'll be in trouble.
Another benefit to being in those off-the-grid areas is that the odds of zombies actually making it there are pretty slim. A disadvantage: once one person gets infected with said zombie virus, the whole small population is doomed.
So even though these towns are the ones where you are less likely to survive a zombie apocalypse, I say if you play your cards right you will be just fine.
And in case you were wondering what 14% of American's plans are once apocalypse hits here are the top answers:
1. Gather guns, ammo, and other weapons.
2. Find a good place to hide and regroup.
3. Gather supplies and food.
4. Relocate to a place with fewer zombies. So, not a city.
5. Meet up with family and friends, so there's strength in numbers.