What to Have on Hand In Case of (Another) Extended Power Outage
Yesterday parts of the St. Cloud area were without power for over 12 hours due to a severe storm. And that was only the first one of the summer! Here are some items you should definitely have on hand in case another major power outage happens
- A charged power bank - I have one with 2 USB ports that holds three full phone charges. It has saved me in so many situations and it comes in handy when the power goes out.
- Flashlights - With good, working batteries. And then extra batteries just in case.
- Ice and a Cooler - Putting any super perishable items in the cooler with ice could save some of your hard earned groceries!
- Board Games - Start up an intense round of Monopoly. It should keep everyone entertained until you want to fight each other about who gets to be the car.
- Junk food - Bags of chips, pop-tarts, fruit snacks, granola bars, this is a great excuse to not cook a balanced meal.
- Bottled water - Sometimes power outages can also cut the water. Having a case of bottled water on hand could save you a trip to the store.
- An alternative location - Take a walk outside, a trip to the mall, visit a friend, or go see a movie. Anything to pass the time until the power is back!
Severe weather is in the forecast this week. Make sure you and your family stay safe and prepared!